There is a strong relationship between foreign investment and economic growth. Larger inflows of foreign investments are needed for the country to achieve a sustainable high trajectory of economic growth. Foreign direct investment refers to direct investment equity flows in an economy.
It is the sum of equity capital, reinvestment of earnings, and other capital. Direct investment is a category of cross-border investment associated with a resident in one economy having control or a significant degree of influence on the management of an enterprise that is resident in another economy. Ownership of 10 percent or more of the ordinary shares of voting stock is the criterion for determining the existence of a direct investment relationship. This series shows net outflows of investment from the reporting economy to the rest of the world.
Why investing in Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka has Bilateral Investment Protection Agreements exist between United Kingdom, United States of America, Germany, Canada, China, Denmark, Egypt, Finland, France, Iran, India, Italy, Indonesia, Japan, The Republic of Korea, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Pakistan, Romania, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand and Belgium/ Luxembourg.
These agreements offer.
- Protection against, nationalization.
- Prompt and adequate compensation if required.
- Free remittances, of earnings, capital and business fees.
- Settlement of disputes, under “International Convention for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID)”.
How we can help?
We are negotiating, consulting, collaborating with the “BOI” officials, central bank officials and other government authorized bodies on tax holidays, preferential tax rates, tax issues, exemption from custom duties, foreign exchange controls and various banking & finance issues associate with foreign investments.
We can facilitate the following.
- Consultancy and sort agreements with BOI.
- Facilitating with Share Investment Accounts (SIA).
- Facilitating with Offshore Banking/FCBU Accounts.
- Facilitating with opening RFC/NRFC Accounts.
- Facilitating Purchase or lease property.
- Local company Incorporation..